Welcome to Strand Media Consultancy
Strand Media Consultancy is a leading television and media consultancy at the forefront of global co-production television and international TV format creation.
Working with global public and local private sectors, Strand Media Consultancy brings together multiple stake holders to create television – from the creation of TV and media formats to initiating IPTV channels - building audiences locally, nationally and internationally.
Strand Media works with big and small television production companies, international and national television broadcasters, government departments and digital start-ups. The company facilitates strategic production partnerships, sources programming finance and brand partners, and provides links with global Governments and their relevant cultural departments.
Combining creativity with a business focus, Strand Media provides the following services:
- Extends countries’ soft power and cultural impact through strategic television partnerships to generate successful global television co-productions.
- Assists UK independent production companies in securing global commissions by sourcing international co-production finance, opportunities and production partners.
- Consults on maximising television and web programming content across all digital platforms.
- Advises on effective targeted reach of programming messages, especially health and well-being, through programming, distribution and broadcast.
- Global television co-production format opportunities and relationships.
- Project delivery – large and small projects managed from concept to delivery.
Strand Media Consultancy is headed by Amanda Groom. A finalist UK/Australian Media Business Woman of the Year 2009 and appointed Digital Global Thought Leader for Australia, Amanda Groom has 20 years’ experience in global television production and broadcast network programming strategy, spanning 4 four continents: UK, US, Asia and Australia.
Amanda is that rare thing - someone who spotted a wholly new area and has made it her own. Her knowledge of working with Korea is the second to none. She’s has sat on Korean Government funding boards, and she knows the production world there well.~ Dan Chambers, Joint MD Blink Films UK
She’s very smart, hugely energetic, an absolute delight to work with, and her combination of clear-sightedness and tenacity means she can make things happen.